Chargé de Recherche CNRS
Tél : (+33)(0)5-62-74-32-08
AA+ - Action, Learning and more
I am a (human) movement scientist with a research program that centers on the functional organization of (perceptual-motor) behavior. The aim of my research is to help developing a comprehensive view of (human) behavior and cognition. Sensorimotor behavior is an excellent vehicle thereto as it can be measured with considerable spatial and temporal precision. My research is inspired by the notion of self-organized pattern formation in complex systems. Per definition, such systems are composed of a myriad of components, and functionally characterized by a multitude of processes operating on various spatial and temporal scales. Due to interaction between components and processes, patterns of functional behaviors emerge at the level of the organism, the level at which my research is directed.
- Huys R, Perdikis D, Jirsa VK.(2014) Functional architectures and structured flows on manifolds : a dynamical framework for motor behavior. Psychological Review, 121(3):302-36.
- Smeeton NJ, Huys R, Jacobs DM. (2013) When less is more : reduced usefulness training for the learning of anticipation skill in tennis. PLoS One, 8(11):e79811.
- Perdikis D, Huys R, Jirsa VK.(2011) Time scale hierarchies in the functional organization of complex behaviors. PLoS Computational Biology, 7(9):e1002198.
- Calvin S, Huys R, Jirsa VK. (2010) Interference effects in bimanual coordination are independent of movement type. Journal of Experimental Psychology : Human Perception & Performance, 36(6):1553-64.
- Huys R, Studenka BE, Rheaume NL, Zelaznik HN, Jirsa VK. (2008) Distinct timing mechanisms produce discrete and continuous movements. PLoS Computational Biology, 4(4):e1000061.
- Huys R, Smeeton NJ, Hodges NJ, Beek PJ, Williams AM.(2008) On the dynamic information underlying visual anticipation skill. Perception & Psychophysics, 70(7):1217-34.
- Huys R, Daffertshofer A, Beek PJ.(2004) Multiple time scales and subsystem embedding in the learning of juggling. Human Movement Science, 23(3-4):315-36.
- Huys R, Knil H, Sleimen-Malkoun R, Temprado JJ, Jirsa VK. (2015) Does changing Fitts’ index of difficulty evoke transitions in movement dynamics ? EPJ Nonlinear Biomedical Physics, 3:8.
Mise à jour 04/03/2016